A Little Closer...

Things are really falling into place for me lately. 

This is no accident. I have been working hard. I just feel the need to document it all because I am beyond grateful. 

Five years ago I could not have imagined where I am today. Well, actually--I imagined them, but I just did not know if they were ever possible. The woman I am today felt like a shattered dream that could never become a reality for the past versions of myself. When I look back at 2013, 2015, 2017, or 2019 Haley, each of those feels like a different person that I barely know now and do not miss. 

I used to believe I was broken. In some ways, I was. I was sick.

No longer. I am whole, I am healed, I am well. I am content with where I am and who I am. 

I have recently made friends with my body and brain again after the long journey we went on and the mistrust that followed. I was so angry at my brain for betraying me and attacking itself. That brain illness took such a toll on my poor body over an entire decade. My twenties were essentially stolen from me. It took a long time before I could reintegrate myself, but now I am finally at that point. 

My heart has felt lighter today. I'm feeling a little closer to the dreams that have laid dormant in my heart for a long time. I know that these types of feelings don't last forever--they are often fleeting. That is the nature of feelings, after all. So I'll give this one a gentle hug of recognition and gratitude before it goes, and take a few more steps toward all the beautiful things I see in my future. 

Dear reader, may you come to find joy in the simple things today. 

Sincerely,

Haley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surrender Before Victory?

Two Years Later: Learning to be "ME" again

When I was that girl